Tuesday – Sunday 10 - 17
on public holidays 10 - 17
31st December 10 - 15
24th December closed
We look forward to welcoming you to the Panorama Museum!
In order to ensure a safe stay for all visitors and employees, a safety and hygiene concept has been developed in accordance with the legal regulations.
Please inform yourself before your visit about our current measures and take them into account during your visit.
Please consider the following regulations (last update 19.05.2022):
- limited number of visitors in the showrooms
- no access for Covid19 sufferers and people with cold symptoms
- Compliance with the visitor guidance system
- Compliance with the distance regulations of at least 1.50 meters to other
- Use of the disinfection services in the museum
- Consideration of general hygiene measures (regular washing of hands, coughing and sneezing, keeping hands away from the face)
Your visit to the Panorama Museum:
The staff of our security service coordinates the volume of visitors on the basis of the museum's own hygiene and security concept. Waiting times cannot therefore be ruled out. In order to comply with the legal distance regulations, we have introduced a visitor guidance system including entrance and exit. The sanitary facilities, door handles and card devices are regularly disinfected.
|Price per person incl. audio guide|
|children (6 to 16 years)||3,00 €|
|family ticket **||20,00 €|
|Season ticket (10 visits)||50,00 €|
|MVT, DMB, ICOM||free|
* (pupils, students up to 27 years old, apprentices, severely handicapped persons, holders of the spa and guest card of Bad Frankenhausen)
** (max. 2 adults and 3 children up to 16 years)
|Groups from 20 prs. incl. audio guide|
|pupils, students, trainees||5,00 €|
|children (6 to 16 years)||2,00 €|
Tickets are available at the box office. Ticket reservations are not necessary. Discounts are only granted if the appropriate identification is presented.
We accept the following means of payment: cash, EC card, Visa card, Master Card, Amex, Maestro, Girocard
Audio guides are included in the admission price.
German speaking audio guides:
- Short tour (25 minutes)
- Long tour (72 minutes)
- Children under 5 years (25 min)
- Children under 10 years (27 min)
Barrier-free audio guides in German language:
- Easy language (29 min)
- Sign language guidance (40 min)
- Guided tour for the visually impaired (55 min)
Audio guides in foreign languages:
English, French, Dutch, Danish, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Russian, Polish, Czech and Japanese
English, Français, Nederlands, Dansk, Español, Italiano, Portuguȇs, Svenska, Русский, Polski, Čeština, 日本語
Arrival / Parking
Am Schlachtberg 9
06567 Bad Frankenhausen / Thuringia
By car, you can reach us via the motorways A 38 and A 71 and the country roads B 85 or L 1172, and just before the eastern entrance to Bad Frankenhausen turn off in the direction of the Panorama Museum. You will reach the museum car park via the Panorama Road.
Unfortunately, not all navigation devices use correct map material from leading providers, so that entering "Am Schlachtberg 9" into the navigation device may lead you into a "dead end". Please check the ADAC route planner, which provides correct information, before you start your journey.
Or you can use GPS coordinates to get to the car park.
If you do not have this possibility, simply stay on the Panorama Road to the north and do not turn into another road. The Panorama Road leads directly to the museum's parking spaces.
The parking spaces are located about 500 m from the museum. An asphalt road (without gradients) leads directly to the entrance.
Parking fees/day (The ticket machine does not change.)
1,00 € car
2,50 € buses/camper vans
By train you can reach Artern, Sondershausen or Heldrungen. From there you can take the bus to the bus station Bad Frankenhausen and then walk to the museum. Please inform yourself in time about your connections on www.bahn.de.
A hike from the city up to the Schlachtberg is very attractive. Several signposted paths lead to the museum. The duration is 30 to 45 minutes. The Tourist-Information Bad Frankenhausen (Tel.: + 49 3 46 71/7 17 17) will be happy to advise you.
Barrier-free access is possible directly via the approach to the house. Follow the Panorama Road and drive past the large parking lots directly to the museum grounds. Follow the signs "Parkplatz Behinderte". You will find the disabled car park right next to an entrance with a sloping entrance. Please ring the bell here. Our staff will then assist you with the use of the lift and will be available to answer any questions you may have. Next to the elevator is a barrier-free toilet.
You can reach the lower entrance building with the ticket office, museum shop and café if you keep to the left after the roll-up door. The paved road leads to the main entrance of the museum. There are 2 disabled parking spaces available here. A slope behind the fountain leads to the foyer, where there is another barrier-free toilet.
We are happy to provide a wheelchair for your visit.
We offer barrier-free audio guides in German language:
- Easy language (29 min)
- Sign language (40 min)
- Guided tour for the visually impaired (55 min)
Please contact us, we will be happy to advise you!
Certification "Travel for all"
Here you will find detailed information on the audited areas.
- Visiting the rooms of the PANORAMA MUSEUM obliges you to observe the house rules.
- Admission and guided tours of the Panorama Museum can be viewed at the ticket office. The purchase of an admission ticket entitles the holder to enter the exhibition rooms. The admission ticket must be shown during the visit at the request of the supervisory staff. Participation in guided tours and events can only be acquired by purchasing the respective service. The cabinet exhibition can be visited free of charge.
- Smoking, eating and drinking, and making telephone calls are not permitted in the exhibition rooms. Mobile phones must be set to aircraft mode or switched off completely.
- Silence is requested in the exhibition rooms.
- Coats, umbrellas, walking sticks, rucksacks and larger bags (over 210 x 297 mm) are to be left at the cloakroom free of charge. For safety reasons, clothing may not be worn over the arm. Items handed in will only be handed over on presentation of the cloakroom ticket, but without checking the entitlement to receive them. The Museum accepts no liability for valuables deposited in the cloakroom.
- It is not permitted to take photographs or film in the exhibition rooms.
- Animals (with the exception of guide dogs) may not be taken along.
- Exhibition objects may not be touched, damaged or impaired in any other way. Visitors are liable for all damages and expenses caused by their behaviour. The premises must be kept clean.
- Teachers, group leaders and legal guardians are responsible for the appropriate behaviour of children and young people who are in their company.
- The instructions of the visitor service must be followed without fail. Visitors who violate the house rules may be banned from continuing their stay in the museum. In this case, the entrance fee will not be refunded.
- In the event of a fire alarm, all visitors must leave the museum building without delay. The instructions of the supervisory staff must be followed.
Bad Frankenhausen, 15.12.2017
Explore our museum virtually, before or after your visit!